ECO Safe Drive affords drivers with a hands-on driving experience that classroom or online alone training cannot. We help drivers reduce risk by:
- Providing a real-time learning experience from a highly qualified fleet driver improvement instructor
- Focusing on driving strategies that minimize risk using a commentary drive process
- Emphasizing certain driving habits that reduce mileage and increase fleet fuel costs
- Learning updated strategies for hazard identification and collision avoidance
- Providing a written feedback assessment for review at conclusion of each employee driving session.
How does it work? First we provide a classroom overview of significant safe driving concepts and the commentary drive process. This process includes each driver commenting on what they see, hear and anticipate to help the instructor provide assessment.
Our certified instructor then rides along in a company provided vehicle with 2-3 employees per 1 ½ hour driving session so each driver is behind the wheel for about 20-30 minutes. During each drive session, employee observers also participate by providing feedback on other driver activity.
Our instructors coach and evaluate employee drivers and utilize a standardized form to assess various behaviors including level of risk taking, problem or hazard recognition and responses to distractions – both in and out of vehicle.
Individual written employee driving assessments are completed, reviewed and discussed with each employee at the end of their individual driving session.
Pricing is based upon number of employees trained and quantity discounts are available.