EcoFleet Training recommends all businesses and government agencies provide periodic driver safety training for employees and volunteers.
Essential training for drivers includes providing tips for driver to lower risk and improve driving behavior.
Here are 10 Tips for Driving Survival and Collision Avoidance:
1. Pre-trip inspection and avoid backing whenever possible
2. Keep a high level of situational awareness
3. Adjust to traffic, road and weather conditions
4. Use an active scanning proceduer to stay vigilant
5. Remember the vehicle has six sides
6. Watch for aggressive, impaired, distracted and fatigued drivers
7. Watch for other road users such as pedestrians and bicyclists
8. Anticipate other driver errors
9. Minimize visual, cognitive and physical distractions
10. Constantly manage driver risk
For additional information contact EcoFleet Training Solutions